There's nothing better than summertime in Wisconsin. Communities across southeastern Wisconsin come alive with local residents and visitors, excited to get outside and gather at the many outdoor events our amazing state has to offer.
Whether you're looking to jam out to live outdoor music, get cultural at one of the many ethnic festivals, or show your true Wisconsin roots by eating cheese curds at a county fair, there's something for everyone to enjoy!
At Murphy & Prachthauser, we are proud to support our communities, so we’re sharing some of our favorite events and activities happening in the Milwaukee area this summer. Don't forget to mark your calendars — We hope to see you there!
June 23rd – 25th / June 30th – July 2nd / July 7th – 9th
It’s no surprise Summerfest is top of our list! Known for being “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s focal summertime event, it’s the perfect excuse for all music lovers to get outside and enjoy some of the world’s greatest live music.
The festival features over 1,000 performances across 12 stages, ranging from the music industry’s leading talent to local artists. Located along the beautiful shoreline of Lake Michigan at the Henry Maier Festival Park, it’s the summertime event you don’t want to miss.
You can purchase tickets at the door or online.
Other favorite outdoor music events include:
- Music on Main (Downtown West Bend) — Every Thursday night from June 2nd, 2022, to September 1st, 2022, this event will feature a new band weekly, with music ranging from rock to country.
- Gathering on the Green (Rotary Park, Mequon) — This event features several musical performances throughout the summer, including a Bruce Springsteen tribute band. You can find more information and dates here!
- Friday Night Live (Downtown Waukesha) — This musical event is the block party of the summer! Main Street is closed down, turning the entire downtown area into one big music venue, with nine stages featuring local bands and musicians. The event takes place every Friday evening from June 3rd, 2022, to September 2nd, 2022 (except July 1, 2022).
- Chill on The Hill (Humboldt Park, Bay View) — Humboldt Park is the place to be every Tuesday night. Every week will feature a key performer along with food trucks and beverage trailers, although carry-ins are allowed if you wish to make your own picnic! The event takes place every Tuesday from June 7th, 2022, to August 30th, 2022.
Wisconsin State Fair, West Allis
August 4th — August 14th, 2022
It wouldn’t be summer without visiting the Wisconsin State Fair. Live music, agricultural exhibitions, livestock competitions, rides, and Wisconsin’s best food and beverages can all be found at the State Fair. This is an event the whole family will enjoy!
Don’t forget about the many other county fairs around southeastern Wisconsin, including:
- Waukesha County Fair - July 20-24, 2022
- Washington County Fair - July 26-31, 2022
- Ozaukee County Fair - August 3-7, 2022
Strawberry Fest, Downtown Cedarburg
June 25th and June 26th, 2022
Looking for something fun and delicious this summer? Strawberry Festival will return after a two-year hiatus due to COVID. Festival-goers can stroll the beautiful, historic streets of downtown Cedarburg while enjoying everything strawberry, from strawberry shortcake to strawberry wine. You can also enjoy live music, fun children’s activities, unique shopping, and other festival foods.
Other local festivals you won’t want to miss this summer include Tosa Fest (September 9-10, 2022) and Cedarburg’s Wine and Harvest Festival (September 17-18, 2022)!
Milwaukee Air & Water Show, Milwaukee
July 23rd and July 24th, 2022
This isn’t your average day at the lake! The Milwaukee Air & Water Show is one of the top air shows in the United States. Taking place over Bradford Beach, this aerial show is equipped with water-based aerobatics, highlighting the natural beauty of Milwaukee’s lakefront.
Don’t miss your chance to support our Veterans and Armed Service communities while witnessing the country’s top pilots in action, including the Blue Angels!
Bastille Days, Milwaukee
July 14th - 17th, 2022
Bastille Days is Milwaukee’s popular French festival and one of the nation’s largest French-themed celebrations. The free, weekend-long event, which was named one of the best Bastille Days celebrations in the world by National Geographic in 2019, is held in Milwaukee’s Cathedral Square Park. Experience the best of French culture with live music, an international marketplace, and French cuisine!
Looking to explore other cultures this summer without leaving the Milwaukee area? Check out these other ethnic festivals held at the Henry Maier Festival grounds.
- German Fest - July 29-31, 2022
- Irish Fest - August 18-21, 2022
- Mexican Fiesta - August 26-28, 2022
- Festa Italiana – September 24-25, 2022 (located at the Italian Community Center, a couple of blocks west of Henry Maier Festival grounds)
These are just some of our favorite events in Milwaukee and its surrounding communities this summer. Let us know your favorite summertime activity in SE Wisconsin in the comments!
At Murphy & Prachthauser, we are car accident attorneys and personal injury attorneys who take pride in being great lawyers, helping people who live in the Milwaukee area. We practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you.
If you have a personal injury case that you want to discuss with a personal injury lawyer, please call us to set up a free consultation and get an experienced team of lawyers working on your behalf.