Wisconsin’s winter weather forces us to stay inside for months at a time, making that first warm day of spring that much more enjoyable. There's nothing better than shedding your heavy winter coat, heading outside, and taking advantage of the sunlight and warmer weather.
As personal injury lawyers in the Milwaukee area, we love taking advantage of all the fun events our city has to offer, especially when these events bring our community together.
Here's a list of community events happening this spring in the Milwaukee area, so you don't miss a beat!
Spring Activities In Milwaukee and SE Wisconsin
- Fun at the Library (March and April): Looking for something fun for the kids? Help them connect with their fellow ‘peeps’ by creating a peep-themed diorama of their favorite book! You can pick up your free package of peeps at the South Milwaukee Public Library starting March 28th. All submissions are due anytime before April 14th. The library will also hold many other community events this spring, including an open mic poetry night on April 21st.
- Art in Bloom (April 7– April 10): The Milwaukee Art Museum brings the outside inside by capturing the beauty and color of spring through breathtaking arrangements designed by local floral artisans. On top of beautiful displays, you can also enjoy food and beverages while listening to live music. The lush greenery, vibrant florals, and buzzing atmosphere are a great way to celebrate the start of spring in Milwaukee.
- Brew City Half Marathon (April 23): There’s no better way to boost your mood than exercise and sunshine. Participants of this year’s annual race will earn a medal and a celebratory ‘finish line feast’ of brats and beer — it doesn’t get more Milwaukee than that!
- Milwaukee Film Festival (April 21-May 5): Bring out your inner film critic by visiting one of the largest cultural events of the year. The Milwaukee Film Festival will feature the newest films, past classics, and cult favorites from acclaimed directors. Local filmmakers will also get a chance to showcase their work, which will include a variety of short films, documentaries, feature-length fiction, animated films, and even music videos!
- Waukesha Art Crawl (May 7): The “Mother of All Crawls” will showcase hundreds of local artists at 20 galleries throughout the downtown area. Find your next favorite piece of artwork while shopping small boutiques, listening to live music, and indulging in food and drinks at one of the many local restaurants and bars downtown Waukesha has to offer!
- Local Farmers Markets: Farmers markets in the Milwaukee area are a terrific way to bring the community together while supporting small businesses. Most farmers markets in the Milwaukee area will kick off in early June and run through early October. Don’t miss your chance to enjoy the nice weather while tasting fresh Wisconsin produce, browsing artwork created by local artists, listening to live bands, and more!
- Trails and Natural Areas: Get outside and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring at one of the many preserved natural areas around the southeastern Wisconsin area. Whether you want to get your heart rate up or take a relaxed nature stroll with the kids, look no further than Big Bend's many beautiful parks, trails, and green spaces.
Looking for something educational? Take a hike at Mequon’s Nature Preserve, a conservatory that offers educational programming on the fragility and beauty of our local environment.
- Milwaukee Food Truck Festival (June 11): Thanks to Food Truck Festivals of America, the 5th annual Milwaukee Food Truck Festival is returning to Waukesha. The event will feature fan favorites from dozens of Wisconsin's greatest food trucks. Spend the day eating delicious food, drinking craft beer from local brewers, playing lawn games, and listening to live music at this tasty event!
- Polish Fest (June 10-12): Get cultural this spring by visiting America’s largest Polish Festival, held at the Maier Festival Park on the Milwaukee Summerfest grounds. Enjoy Polish meals while learning about the country’s culture, arts, and traditions. This event kicks off many cultural festivals held throughout the summer, including Irish Fest, German Fest, Festa Italiana, and more. There’s no better way to travel the world without ever having to leave Milwaukee!
- Milwaukee Night Market (June 15, July 13, August 17, September 21): The Milwaukee Night Market, held once a month throughout the summer, is a free outdoor event that showcases local vendors, artists, and performers. The event will take place in the heart of Downtown Milwaukee, with the goal of creating a collaborative space for all ages to meet and experience the food, music, and culture Milwaukee has to offer.
Do you have a favorite Milwaukee or SE Wisconsin spring event we missed? Let us know in the comments and we’ll add it to our list!
At Murphy & Prachthauser, we are car accident attorneys and personal injury attorneys who take pride in being great lawyers, helping people who live in the Milwaukee area. We practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you.
If you have a personal injury case that you want to discuss with a personal injury lawyer, please call us to set up a free consultation and get an experienced team of lawyers working on your behalf.