Milwaukee has a fascinating history, created by the combination of ideas and traditions of people from all over the world. During the holiday season, the city is on dazzling display.
As personal injury lawyers in the Milwaukee area, we love to celebrate the unique traditions of our community. For Christmas 2016, we have covered both old favorites and a few new options that may become a new annual tradition for you and your loved ones.
Here are our favorite seasonal stops, take a look!
Classic Milwaukee Christmas Events For 2016
Many Christmas traditions are handed down through generations. Do you remember visiting the Domes as a child, or admiring the lights downtown? Share the magic you grew up with via these Milwaukee holiday institutions.
- Downtown Lights And Sights: The Downtown Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival encompasses numerous events and decorated locations in the heart of the city. Get a guided tour on the Jingle Bus, or enjoy numerous other special downtown activities for all ages.
- BMO Harris Bank: During the holiday season, the BMO Harris Bank lobby on Water street is taken over by an elaborate holiday display featuring more than 150 life-sized Steiff animals in Holiday Busy Town. This display is popular with younger children, and it free to visit.
- Cheers To Christmas: The Pabst Mansion is an incredible piece of Milwaukee History that is even more impressive once the decorations go up.
- The Domes: The three indoor botanical gardens known as The Milwaukee Domes have been the best place to escape winter (without a plane ticket) since they opened in the 1960s. The 2016, check out the 'Not A Creature Was Stirring' Holiday Floral Show.
- Best Christkindlmarket: Enjoy and authentic German Christkindlmarket without using your passport on November 17th through November 20th in downtown Milwaukee at the Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery. Enjoy food, drinks, and unique vendors both indoors and outdoors.
- Milwaukee Rep's "A Christmas Carol": For more than 40 years, the Milwaukee Rep has hosted the Charles Dickens show "A Christmas Carol" at the Milwaukee Pabst Theater. The Pabst is truly a Milwaukee treasure, impecibly decorated for the holiday season. Performances start on November 2 and go through December 24
2016 Holiday Events Beyond Downtown Milwaukee
Looking for some holiday spirit a little closer to home? Whether you live north, south, or west of the city, there is festive fun to be found in your backyard. Here are our 2016 holiday event picks - outside of downtown Milwaukee.
- Cedarburg: The quaint town of Cedarburg has so many Christmas activities that they have an entire calendar. From Antique Trees to a Live Nativity to the Santa’s Dash Away 5K, Cedarburg has holiday events for everyone, with a special emphasis on history and art.
- West Allis: On November 27 through December 27th, more than 300 homes in West Allis transform into Candy Cane Lane. Since 1984, this neighborhood has collaborated in decorating their homes and asking for donations from visitors to benefit the MACC Fund – Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, Inc. This charity was chosen in honor of a neighborhood child diagnosed with cancer.
- Holiday Folk Fair International: From November 19th through 20th at the State Fair Park Exposition Center, you can enjoy an indoor multicultural event that features music, food, dance, and art from all over the world.
- Greendale: The historic downtown area of Greendale hosts the annual “Dickens of a Christmas” Festival. With gorgeous decorations, old-fashioned treats, and costumed merchants, vintage holiday cheer is everywhere. Feel free to dress up, enjoy free horse-drawn carriage rides, and see a live performance of “A Christmas Carol.”
- Treats All Around Town: Milwaukee Food and City Tours is offering numerous special sessions for the season starting in December 2016. Check out the Christmas Lights and Desserts Tour, or the Christmas Around Milwaukee Bakery Tour, allowing you to sample seasonal snacks from French, Italian, Mexican, and American bakeries. You may discover a new treasure in your old neighborhood!
Whether you want to visit an old favorite, or sample something new, the Metro-Milwaukee area has no shortage of holiday fun, from stylish to sentimental. As the festive fun gets into full swing, we hope this list helped you to fill calendars with special events, for both kids and adults.
Do you have a special tradition or favorite holiday sight that we missed? Let us know!
At Murphy & Prachthauser we are lawyers who practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you. We take pride in being good lawyers who help people.
If you have a case you would like to speak to a personal injury lawyer about, please contact us to schedule a free case evaluation and get an experienced team of lawyers working on your behalf.