The beginning of the New Year is the traditional time to get fitness inspiration, but here in Wisconsin, it can be tough to find motivation shoveling snow in the freezing temperatures. As Milwaukee personal injury attorneys for more than 30 years, we usually see everyone getting more active once spring arrives.
If you are ready to get out and get active, a group exercise class can be a great way to find inspiration and stay committed. In addition, you just may learn something new and meet a few new friends in the process.
Here are our picks for the 7 hottest spring fitness class options:
1. Located on Milwaukee’s East Side, Invivo is a small gym with several unique class offerings. Only have a half hour? Try the 30/30 class, where exercises like yoga postures, plyometrics, cardio and core work each last only 1 minute. Concerned about staying fit during pregnancy? Invivo also offers pre and post-natal fitness classes that will help you stay strong, stable and healthy throughout your pregnancy.
2. Danceworks has been a Milwaukee institution for over 20 years. If you want to get fit while expressing yourself (and maybe learning a few new moves), they have an amazing selection of dance classes. There are standards like ballet and basic tap, and creative choices including Bhangra and African dance. From the “Tiny Dancer” classes for kids, to diverse options for those 50 years and older, Danceworks will get anyone moving.
3. Crossfit gyms offer a full-body workout that combine elements of cardio, weight lifting, gymnastics, core training and more. The workouts are planned for you, last about an hour, and are different each day. Crossfit has become quite popular due to the fact that it delivers results, and is usually done in a group. In fact, Crossfit gyms often become tight-knit communities. There are many choices in the Milwaukee area, so test out a few, and prepare to get sore! Badger Crossfit offers a free intro class, and Crossfit 262 in Waukesha offers a free initial one-on-one session with a trainer.
4. If you really just want group fitness classes, it can be frustrating to pay for a gym membership, only to find that the classes you want are not included in the cost. Solful Fitness in Mequon offers class options like spinning, tabata, pilates, yoga and cardio kickboxing, all with no sign-up fee and no gym membership fee.
5. If the whole family wants to get fit, the YMCA is still the best choice. With amazing amenities and programs for all ages, these community center gyms help everyone get moving. The Waukesha YMCA has classes that range from toddler basketball skills to tai chi in the pool to an array of Silver Sneakers options. The Silver Sneakers program provides nationwide access to fitness classes for people using Medicare Advantage health plans, Medicare Supplement carriers and group retiree plans. For most of these plan members, the classes are free.
6. Yoga is a form of exercise with proven health benefits, yet it can still be intimidating to novices, or those with certain physical limitations. Located in Milwaukee’s 3rd Ward, Yama Yoga has classes for everyone, with specialized offerings including a class on healing through cancer and chronic illness, and a “Stiff Guys” class that combines opening and stretching postures with breathing techniques in order increase flexibility and energy for anyone, at any level. Yama Yoga also has quick classes at noon for downtown workers wanting to get more out of their lunch break, and hot vinyasa classes for those who want to sweat it out.
7. No list in Milwaukee would be complete with a mention of Jazzercise! This fun workout offers great instructors, upbeat music play lists and fun moves to keep you in shape while you are having fun! Jazzercise is offered in a number of locations around Milwaukee, including: Glendale, Mequon, Menomonee Falls, Brookfield, Waukesha, New Berlin, Hales Corners, Franklin and Oak Creek. Take a look at the Jazzercise website to find a location near you!.
Over our many years of practice in Milwaukee, the personal injury law firm Murphy & Prachthauser has enjoyed helping many people get the help they need to stay healthy. We hope our list has inspired you to dance, lift, stretch and swim your way through some new exercise options.
Did we miss your favorite gym or trainer? Let us know today!
At Murphy & Prachthauser we are Milwaukee personal injury lawyers who practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you. We take pride in being good lawyers who help people.
If you have a case you would like to speak to a personal injury lawyer about, please contact us to schedule a free consultation and get an experienced Milwaukee attorneys working on your behalf.