With September’s Indian summer weather, the fall colors are just starting to appear around Southeastern Wisconsin. As you make plans for the beautiful weekend weather, consider heading out to your local area parks and gardens for a look at the spectacular colors of autumn in and around Milwaukee.
As a personal injury attorney in Milwaukee, I am certainly not a tree or nature aficionado, but I did a little research to pull together a great list of places you can take your family this weekend to enjoy beautiful sights and crisp autumn air. Enjoy!
Lapham Peak is located in Kettle Moraine State Forest in Delafield, Wisconsin. With miles of scenic trails and wooded paths, you’ll see the beautiful sights of autumn in every direction.
To see a truly amazing autumn panoramic landscape view, take a hike up to the top of the 45-foot observation tower, the highest point in Waukesha County.
- Address: W329 N846 C, County Rd C, Delafield, WI 53018
- Cost: Vehicle admission sticker, available at the park for purchase, required.
- Hours: 7am – 9pm.
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
A short drive from the north side of the city, Schlitz Audubon Nature Center offers beautiful hiking trails and beachfront views. With 185 acres of trail, forest, pond, beach and prairie, Schlitz Audubon has a little something for everyone to explore and enjoy.
- Address: 1111 E. Brown Deer Road, Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Cost: Adults: $8, Youth (3-17): $5, Active Duty/Veterans: $5
- Hours: 9am – 5pm
Boerner Botanical Gardens
Boerner Botanical Gardens, located within Whitnall Park in Hales Corners, is an internationally renowned horticultural showplace. With gravel trails through a maze of plants, flowers, waterfalls and woods, the Gardens feature scenic views of rolling hills, forests and plenty of wildlife.
- Address: 9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners, WI 53130
- Cost: Adults (ages 18 and up): $5.50. Seniors (Milwaukee County Resident, ages 60+): $4.50. Disability (any age): $4.50. Student (with ID): $4.50. Junior (6-17): $3.50.
- Hours: Daily 8am – Sunset
Grant Park – Seven Bridges Trail
Located on the banks of Lake Michigan, Grant Park boasts and impressive golf course, lakefront cliffs and paths, and a hidden gem – Seven Bridges Trail. This scenic trail leads through woods, over ravines and feels a world away from busy city life.
- Address: 100 Hawthorne Ave, South Milwaukee, WI 53172
- Cost: Free.
- Hours: Daily 8am – Sunset
For amazing views of the rolling hills and forests of Kettle Moraine, a visit to Holy Hill is a must. Located in Hubertus, Wisconsin, Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Holy Hill, features a scenic tower with views of Waukesha, Washington and Milwaukee counties. The tower climb, up 178 winding, often narrow steps, is certainly worth the view from the top.
- Address: 1525 Carmel Road, Hubertus, WI 53033
- Cost: Donations appreciated
- Hours: The tower is open Monday – Saturday from 9am – 6:30pm, and on Sunday from 1:30pm – 6:30pm.
I hope you enjoy your weekend outings! Stay tuned for more helpful tips from me and my team of personal injury attorneys in Milwaukee. We believe in being good lawyers who help people, and what better way to offer assistance than though simple, helpful tips!
At Murphy & Prachthauser we are personal injury lawyers in Milwaukee who practice the law the way it should be practiced – motivated and equipped to do our best for you. We take pride in being good lawyers who help people.
If you have a case you would like to speak to a personal injury lawyer about, please contact us to schedule a free case evaluation and get an experienced personal injury firm in Milwaukee working on your behalf.