Airbags are supposed to be an important safety feature in every vehicle. However, recently several airbags have caused more harm to vehicle occupants than protection.Read more link text
Thadd J. Llaurado
Mr. Llaurado is a partner in the firm of Murphy & Prachthauser and has been with the firm for over 25 years. Mr. Llaurado’s practice focuses primarily on serious personal injury cases. He has tried and settled numerous serious injury cases caused by defective products, automobile accidents, trucking accidents, construction accidents, bicycle accidents, and other forms of negligent conduct. He also has litigated numerous automobile crashworthiness cases, including cases involving roof crush, defective airbags, and defective seatbelts. Further, he has handled cases in Wisconsin as well as Arkansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Professional Activities & Honors
Mr. Llaurado is an active member of the American Association of Justice, Attorneys Information Exchange Group, American Bar Association, and State Bar of Wisconsin and Milwaukee Bar Association. He is also a member of the Courts Committee and the Bench/Bar Civil Committee of the Milwaukee Bar Association. From 2003-2009 he was a member of the Marquette University Law School Law Alumnae Board. Further, he is an affiliate member of the Society of Automobile Engineers. He is listed in the Martindale Registry of Preeminent Lawyers as having the highest ratings awarded by that group.
Super Lawyer Honors
Mr. Llaurado has been named a Super Lawyer for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The American Trial Lawyers Association
Who’s Who in American Law
Mr. Llaurado is listed in Who’s Who in American Law, 2009-2011
Wisconsin Association for Justice (Academy of Trial Lawyers)
Mr. Llaurado is a member of the Wisconsin Association for Justice.
Mr. Llaurado has frequently given presentations to other lawyers including the following:
- “Damages in Personal Injury,” NBI May 2014
- “Premises Liability in Wisconsin,” Lorman Education Services March 2014
- “What Civil Judges Want You to Know,” Milwaukee Bar Association, October 2010, November 2011, November 2012, November 2013
- “Applying the Rules of Evidence,” NBI December 2013
- “Maximizing Damages Due to Demonstrative Evidence,” WAJ December 2013
- “Products Liability: Proving Damages,” NBI September 2013
- “Products Liability Litigation for Paralegals,” NBI May 2013
- “Electronic Discovery Update,” NBI December 2012
- “Products Liability: Proving Damages,” NBI November 2012
- “Advanced Trial Techniques,” NBI October 2011
- “Advanced Product Liability,” NBI October 2011
- “Presenting an Airbag Claim,” AAJ San Francisco, July 2009
- “Defending the Deposition” and “Preparing Yourself for the Deposition,” NBI May 2009, May 2008
- “Automobile Crashworthiness,” NBI June 2006
- “Premises Liability in Wisconsin,” October 2006
- “Spoliation of Evidence – A Cause of Action for the Future,” Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Barcelona, Spain, September 2002
- “Investigating a Product Liability Case,” Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, October 2002
- “Presenting a Loss of Consortium Claim,” WATL 2002
- “Rollover Crashworthiness,” ATLA Montreal, Canada, July 2001
- “Premises Liability,” Lorman Education Services, December 2001
- “Discovery Issues in Distracted Driving Cases,” Trial Magazine, AAJ, February 2013
- “Reducing Rollover Deaths and Injuries,” Trial Magazine, AAJ, February 2009
- “Comment: The Actionability Under Section 1983 of a Negligent Deprivation of a Liberty Interest in Light of Daniels and Davidson.” 69 Marquette Law Review 601, 1986
Mr. Llaurado earned his bachelor’s degree from Marquette University, graduating magna cum laude in 1983 and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Sigma Nu. He graduated from Marquette University Law School in 1986, and was a Thomas More Scholar. He was on the Marquette Law Review as an Articles Editor.
Mr. Llaurado was raised in Hales Corners, Wisconsin. He resides with his wife, Kathleen, and together they have four children, Thomas, Kathryn, Joseph, and Patrick.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org