Milwaukee Liability Lawyer – Attorney
The most common liability cases our personal injury lawyers work on involve slip and fall or trip and fall accidents. Our personal injury lawyers have also word on several cases where people have been injured due to the negligence of others at water parks.
The personal injury lawyers of Murphy & Prachthauser also handle a wide variety of cases that do not neatly fit into any specific category. We refer to liability cases as ordinary negligence cases.
Generally, every person has a responsibility to act with “ordinary care.” Ordinary care is defined as the care which a reasonable person would use in similar circumstances. If a person is not using ordinary care, that person is considered negligent. Another way of stating this “ordinary care” test is that if a person, without intending to do any harm, does something or fails to do something that a reasonable person would recognize as creating an unreasonable risk of injury or damage to another. If that failure to exercise ordinary care causes injury to someone else, they can be held liable for damages.
Examples of these “ordinary care” cases our Milwaukee personal injury lawyers handle include:
- Dram Shop cases, where liquor has been provided to an underage drinker, who in turn has caused injury to another person
- Lung damage from exposure to chemicals
- Playground injury from failure to supervise
- Transport company failing to secure a wheelchair passenger
- Foreign object in food fractures tooth
- Automatic door causing injury
- Loading dock collapse injury
- Falling objects injury to store patron
- Down wires causing electrical shock
- Tae Kwon Do exhibition injury
- Gas line leak causing explosion and burns
- Failure to provide security by a business or school, resulting in injury to customer
- Bedbug bites
- Injury caused by overzealous tavern bouncer
- Injury caused by elevators failing to level properly
- Bicycle – pedestrian collisions
- Walking on sidewalk, and plate glass window from a building falls out
If you feel you have been injured due to the someone else’s negligence or fault, call the personal injury attorneys at Murphy & Prachthauser for a free evaluation of your potential case.